Monday, May 4, 2009

Sara Jane has fallen off the grid...

Yep, back in for a swing-by post. No pictures to share, sadly enough. But I will keep it relatively brief since no one's listening anywho.

Work is consuming right now. Ugh, I can't do this all summer.
Taking two classes in Summer semester, an Intro to Philosophy class and a Business Law class. Those two ought to be interesting one after another in the morning... At least the Philosophy teacher should get a laugh out of me. I'm a walking contradiction.
Ra Ra Riot has become addictive. Two guitarists, a drummer, a cello, a violin, and a singer. Check them out on YouTube.
Knitting has become overwhelming. Nothing I'm working on has been able to hold my interest, so I start a new project. This is a recipe for DISASTER.
Currently on the needles, we have:
Ophelia Sweater
The Rose Lace Shawl
Wings of Horus Lace Shawl
Arabesque Lace Scarf
Reusable Grocery Bag
Four hat/scarves in various stages of design progress and completion
and that's just the stuff that hasn't fallen to the bottom of the stash bin.

I've tried cooking more lately, having a lot of interesting experiments. So far, the Penne Con Broccoli and the Marinated Tofu Skewers have gone over wonderfully, but I nearly set the kitchen on fire just a few hours past, didn't realize I had to watch olive oil heating in a pan for stir-fry so closely. Ruined a good number of ads sitting by the stove, however, but no smoke yet.

And I'm STILL trying to make it through Much Ado About Nothing. This play was addictive at first, but after school and work and knitting and cooking, it's fallen to the bottom of the bag, quite literally as a matter of fact. Sad, really.

That's all I guess, not much going on over this way. Just busy, busy busy.

I think opening day for that shop is getting nearer and nearer... It's creeping up on me.

1 comment:

Shorty said...

I'm listening! And glad to hear about your exploits. I'm hoping to be more available once they make a decision at work.