Thursday, January 24, 2008


Finished the Tiny Vessels gauntlets the other day. Gauntlets, mitts, fingerless gloves, whatever the hell you want to call them, they're DONE. Mighty fun, eh? This pattern and my AP English class made me realize something: I don't want to be a writer. Not a bit. I want to knit, write patterns, and open up a yarn shop.
Started on my first pair of socks. Cookie A.'s Baudelaire. Super fabulous. I'm about two rounds from finishing the gusset increases, just started the day before last. No pictures yet but trust me, you'll hear about it when they're done.

Does anyone know anything about copyrights and publishing patterns? Sonya from the Tue Bou Crew wants me to have Tiny Vessels published, and I'm more worried about a copyright. Had some issues with that a few years ago with some website layouts. People stole them left and right and claimed that they designed the layouts themselves. Fun, eh?

2 comments:

Larjmarj said...

Hmmm........don't know anything about copyrights but, I love the gloves. Amy might have more info since she's involved in that part of the knitting universe.

Ada [The Duchess] said...

I like your stuff.

I bought your scarf (it's organge with red, blue and yellow strings running through the orange backdrop. It lends a real depth and gorgeous colouring. It has white ribbon like pieces going straight across in width - about 5 inches apart - and it has little blossoms on the white ribbon with a pearl in it.

GORGEOUS. I'm going to get the pink one on Friday too.